A surprising amount of this weekend was dedicated to working on phylogenies. I updated non-eusuchian crocodylomorphs, avialae through neoaves to at least extant order; minor updates to sauropoda, and an update on sauropterygia.
The site also finally got a long-needed search engine. It's not the most efficient thing in the world, but doing a binary search is essentially useless. I made it modular, so I may still end up seeing how a sort + binary search with preserved keys turns out, or cut out the cruft (change the amount of the document searched).
I finally also added a dirty implementation of tagging. I used the <tt> (teletype) tag and changed its contents to not display (CSS display:none). Thus, tags for an entry can be hidden in this element, and will be read by the search engine, but not displayed.
I also noticed that it was hard to find some of the sources I cited with just name and year — so I've started adding linkouts, DOIs, or ISBNs too all sources provided, to make it easier in the future.
Kind of looks less in writing than it felt like ... but I'm happy with the way it's going.
Information and Links
Join the fray by commenting, tracking what others have to say, or linking to it from your blog.
TopNPI | 16/03/2015 17:27
Arthur Falcone | 29/11/2014 05:06
Arthur Falcone | 29/11/2014 05:04
Saleh Stevens | 10/10/2014 23:35